Sunday, March 19, 2017

Sneak Peek

Yesterday was a very exhausting but exciting day working on a secret project.
It will be two months before the reveal, but for now, let's talk about some superficial things!  I cut off 26cm of my hair by myself on a whim a couple days ago. (I did take a photo, but I know that freaks some people out so I won't post it)

The next day I installed my first full head of candy-colored synthetic dreadlock extensions!  Previously I'd done a half-head of wool dreadlocks, but it's difficult to keep loose and dreaded hair apart.

Though it's not a perfect installation, I really like the look.


I met up with some friends to take photos at 林家花園/Lin Family Mansion and Garden, a historical location that is popular with tourists.  If you get the chance, make sure to give it a visit!  Half of it is under upkeep (it is seriously so old and fragile) until July, though.  There are guided tours every half hour or so.  There are also scheduled activities and performances so check out the schedule online before you choose the day to visit!

There are so many great locations for photos there, but do be very careful as the railings are very fragile (don't lead or sit on them) and make sure to read and understand the rules carefully.  Otherwise, this is a great, traditional-looking historic location for a taste of "the old days" that is very easily accessible by many different bus routes!
Look at that quaint little bridge!
There was actually a couple taking engagement photos there while we were there ^u^v  I'm sure they got some great shots!

Ducks also live in that pond.  They're so cute when they waddle about!

Side Note: Try to wear street/gym shoes as the floors are make of stone and tile and very uneven due to wear and tear.  Of course, absolutely all of us wore heels because Lolitas gotta Lolita.  Just step carefully!

This was my second visit here as the location I live now is so close!  I can take a 10-minute bus ride to visit here.  Once the renovations are completed, I'd like to come see it in its full glory!

Hope you're all having a great weekend!

What's your favorite local historic place?  It could be anything from a simple fountain to a whole castle, as I've heard Europe has!  I love to hear about the thought and symbolism people used to put into the architecture, from what each number of steps mean to why certain materials are used.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts!